The Building Services Department serves as the main point of contact for all new construction in the City of Battlefield. Whether you are building a new commercial building, building a new home, or renovating/adding to your home, the staff in the building office will assist contractors, developers, residents and patrons with any construction project.
It is our goal to provide a high level of building code compliance for the preservation of life, safety, and the general welfare for the people of the City of Battlefield. We do this through the enactment and enforcement of building codes and standards to ensure that all elements of construction, from site selection to final building occupancy, meet the code required standards of life safety in the built environment.
Building Permit applications can be found under the forms section. Inspecting hours vary Monday through Friday, so please call to set up your inspection early at (417) 883-5840, preferably before 8 a.m.
The City of Battlefield has adopted and enforces the following building codes:
- 2012 International Building Code (IBC)
- 2012 International Residential Code (IRC)
- 2012 International Mechanical Code (IMC)
- 2012 International Plumbing Code (IPC)
- 2011 National Electrical Code (NEC)
- 2012 International Fuel Gas Code (IFGC)
- 2009 A117.1 Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities Code (ADA)
Click here to contact Building Services